Finding Your Work Family at Walpole, Inc. Birmingham
Studies have shown that Americans spend up to 35% of their lives working if they work for a total of 50 years. That means we spend approximately 5% of our lives going to work. So why not work at a place where you feel valued like you are at home and where your co-workers feel like family?
Because so much of our life is spent at work, Walpole, Inc., strives to do just that at all our locations. Family-owned and operated since 1952, we are currently focused on finding experienced, motivated, professional, and dedicatedCDL-A Drivers to join our Birmingham, Alabama team. Once you learn more about our extensive truck driving opportunities as well as the great atmosphere and sense of family our Birmingham Terminal offers, you’ll want to join our team. Before long, you’ll be humming “Sweet Home Alabama” as you commute to work as a part of the best truck driving team in the industry!
There are several rewarding CDL-A driving opportunities out of the Walpole Birmingham Terminal. Whether you prefer being home every day of the week or enjoy the travel that over the road driving brings, we have a place for you on our team. Our experienced recruiters work with you to be sure when you become a member of the Walpole, Inc. family, we offer the perfect job for you. We want you to be happy to enjoy a long career with us!
Family is important at Walpole, Inc. If you are looking for a work/life balance where you return home every evening, our Dump Division is the perfect place for you!You’ll spend most of your days “running the triangle” that includes the Alabama counties of Jefferson, Shelby, and Tuscaloosa. Driving the dump trailer means that you will haul commodities like rock, coal, coke, and lime. You’ll enjoy a schedule that brings your back home daily, but we can throw in an occasional out of state run to keep your job interesting!
Love to travel and the variety of the open road? Then our Pneumatic Tank Division would be the perfect home for you. Our late model, very well-maintainedtractor fleet consists of both day cabs and sleeper units providing you with comfortable, dependable, and trusted transport. You’ll load at multiple Shelby County lime quarries and haul bulk commodities including Pebble Lime, Hydrated Lime, and cement. Your deliveries can be local or throughout the Southeast.
Now that you know about the opportunities, we’d like to tell you what it is like working for our great company that has been part of our local community since its inception almost 70 years ago! Whether we are talking about our safety philosophy, our great fleet of trucks, the sense of family at theBirmingham terminal, or the great job benefits, you will quickly see that we are the best trucking company in Birmingham for CDL-A drivers! Here’s what you can look forward to when you become a driver for Walpole, Inc.
A Superior Safety Record
- We are dedicated to maintaining safety and health program that conform to the best practices in the industry.
- All employees at all levels, whether management support staff or CDL drivers work together to promote and incident-free work environment.
- Our goal is zero crashes and on-the-job injuries meeting or exceeding the regulatory compliance requirements.
Our Fleet-You Are Driving in Style (and safety!)
- Our fleet is comprised of the latest state-of the art trucks providing you the best in safety, comfort, and dependability while on the road.
- We utilize pre and post trip preventive maintenance and frequent inspections
- Clean, efficient, safe, dependable means that you drive with pride, we keep you rolling, andour customers and drivers happy and safe.
The Birmingham Shop Spirit
- We celebrate safety and success, but also the holidays! There is an annual Halloween costume contest, and we proudly support and participate in local Christmas festivities.
- You are APPRECIATED! Your family and your work family come together for an Annual Driver Appreciation Picnic.
- A Driver of the Year is announced at the picnic.
- Enjoy a break room with frequent snacks and treats.
- Annual Free Lunch for CDL drivers before the 4th of July, to thank them for their service in keeping our country rolling!
Benefits That Come with Joining the Team
- Sign-on bonus
- Holiday pay
- Quarterly safety bonus
- Health Insurance coverage through Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Dental coverage through Anchor Benefit Consulting
- Short Term Disability through Aetna
- Voluntary life insurance through Reliance Standard
- 401K match of 100% for the first 3% employee contribution, 50% match from 3% to 5%.
Are you ready to join the Walpole, Inc Birmingham Family? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Minimum 1-year verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- At least 23 years of age
- A safe driving record
- Details can be found at: https://www.walpoleinc.com/apply-to-drive/
- Call Allison Laird in recruiting or Val Cartwright in Safety at: 800-749-5552
At Walpole Birmingham, we know that drivers are our number one asset. It’s time to join the best trucking company in Birmingham. We’d love to welcome you to the family!